All applications to Rutgers graduate programs should be completed and filed online. Applications for September admission to the Rutgers-Camden M.A. program in History must be completed no later than July 1. For January admission, applications must be completed by November 15.
The History Department has a variety of full and partial funding packages. To be considered for all funding opportunities, applicants starting in fall semester should submit all application materials by January 1. Funding is usually only available for students beginning in the fall semester.
Applicants for full-time graduate study* need to submit:
- Transcripts showing satisfactory completion of undergraduate courses (Applicants should normally exhibit a B average in their previous academic work with evidence of distinction in their work in history)
- Results of the Graduate Record Examination
- Two letters of recommendation
- Writing sample of no more than 15 pages
- A personal statement of one to two pages explaining your reasons for seeking an M.A. in history and the aspects of the past that most interest you
For information about the History graduate program, send an e-mail request to Graduate Director Professor Andrew Shankman at email@example.com.
*Some requirements may be waived for students interested in part-time graduate study. Consult with the graduate director for information.