TO MINOR IN HISTORY, students must complete 18 credits, 12 of which must be earned in Rutgers University’s 300-400 level courses.
Eighteen credits amount to six 3-credit courses. You may be closer to minoring in History than you realize. If you’re:
- a transfer student who took US History and/or Western Civilization at community college
- majoring or minoring in Africana Studies (for which some History courses qualify)
- majoring or minoring in Childhood Studies (for which the History course “Education in America” qualifies)
- majoring in Health Sciences (for which the History course “Health in American Society” qualifies)
- majoring in Liberal Studies (for which many History courses qualify)
- minoring in European Studies (for which some History courses qualify)
- minoring in Latin American and Latino Studies (for which “Latin American History I” and “Latin American History II” qualify)
- enrolled in the Teacher Prep Program
… you may be a good part of the way towards completing a History minor already. Consider finishing it!
Please note that grades lower than C do not count toward fulfillment of the History minor requirement.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Prof. Kate Epstein, at firstname.lastname@example.org.